Friday, 20 November 2020

Shoot day

On the shoot day, I get up at normal time about 7:50, because I don’t want to be too excited to miss out something important or too tired. We worked very well as a team today, no one was wondering around. Dylan is the director, who interacts with band members, because they are very good friends and know each other very well, so we won’t have unnecessary conflict or miscommunication between the team and performers. Charlotte plays a very important role in the shoot, she is the playback, who holds the iPad to show the time of the music before action. Jack controls the lighting and took many great backstage photos. 

 I worked with the camera, I have been taught to use it, and how to operate the Black Magic, such as adjust the focus, how to make the image slightly slightly shaking, but stable. The camera is too heavy for me, and I took a while to get use to the weight. Especially the hand held and shaking parts, I tried to used all my energy to make good shaking effect, and following the rhythm of the song. However, I think I need to practice more to make it looks good. Generally, the band performance part was fabulous. We took wide shots, close up of each instruments and artists, hand held shots and so on for a whole song. Matt shows us how to play the role in the studio, I kept looking at him and learnt from him. When the band performing, I need to keep shake my body with the song, look like I am really enjoying it, and they are doing a great job to make the atmosphere high. Also, do not show a face if there is a mistake, because the performers would be worry, and not confidence. After the first take, we should tell them that they looking great in the camera, and give more suggestions to make them better. We had a problem with the technology, the Bluetooth of the digital clapperboard did not connect very well, and the music wasn’t smooth. So we have to connect the clapperboard with wire, and I have to turn the camera immediately 180° as the track starts, and then adjust the focus quickly, so I have to be familiar to the focus, that could be easily mess up.


(BAND)


We finished the band performance quickly, after a short break, we started the Non-sync narrative scenes, including the police, helicopter, chasing, umbrellas, wall, and spray painting scenes. Which I think the music video will be cool.


After we finished all of the pack up, I suddenly realised I forgot to take the pan movement which I think it would be cool, I should follow the shot list carefully next time. Fortunately, the other shots are good enough for us to edit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection